PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 01:25
octanecolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree completely with BScaler's points here.... 14 years and the parity of B and A scales has not been achieved....and nor will it be likely achieved for another 14 years or more.... It's time for a new strategy.

"Bearing this in mind, I cannot see any justification for an increase in A-Scale remuneration at this time, until B-Scale reaches A-Scale salary scales. Note that I do not advocate a reduction in A-Scale pay, just a hold until B reaches A. It has been 14 years since the introduction of B-Scales and the 'advance A-Scales at all costs and eventually bring B up to A...' argument has run it's course and been found wanting. I believe, therefore, that the amount allocated to increasing A-Scale remuneration in this agreement should be applied to B-Scales first, in an effort to bring aircrew pay scales into line with each other, and then have the scales progress upwards together in unity. Any fair-minded A-Scale officer could not have any serious issue with this proposal, especially as A-Scale officers stand to gain 10 bonus years of employment;"