PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skilled migration strengthens Australian aviation
Old 13th Aug 2007, 23:53
bellsux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my side of the fence (GA) we do need skilled migrants. The money is good and the conditions are as well, yes there are some places I wouldn't want to work but I do have a choice and I can pick and choose where I go. Most GA companies are growing and there is not enough skilled workers in the hangar, we do have apprentices but it does take time to train them. Sure we can look back and say we should have trained more but the fact is that there are not enough LAME's in the hangar to get the job done. I will work overtime or weekends if I choose to to but I don't want to be forced to do it because there is no one else around to get the job done. For the LAME's coming over here for a lifestyle change they would find it easier to get a 457 sponsorship from a GA company and probably enjoy living in a regional community rather than a city. It is a shame that we don't see even a small percentage of all these LAME's made redundant coming over and giving it a try...