PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 15:43
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is most aggrieved?

ACMS,
I do read what you have to say. I think you could post with a little less emotion to get your post across...what do they say "yelling abuse through a doorway will cause the door to close"...but never the less, I do read and understand what you have to say.

No matter how I dress it up, I have earnt more than you. I have only been here a year or so longer than you. My grievance...my option recompense was based on being an FO and due to personal circumstances my options were exercised around $10-11. Boo hoo I hear everyone say. Exactly. According to me I feel hard done by as, unlike 22N, my options covered less than 10% of my career losses due pay cuts. According to everyone else they say get on with life as you have had a good deal. WE are all aggrieved!

Just to clear up a misconception...A scale payrises haven't occurred for over a decade. The HDP payrise in 2001 was introduced because the company did NOT want to reverse a paycut already planned and put in place for Jul 1st 2001. The plan was that the HDP would wipe out the last of the A scale paycuts. This came about as they had made an embarrassingly big profit after justifying the paycuts due to poor financial conditions.

A scales did suffer big paycuts....period. B scales are underpaid....period. How does taking it out on each other help in anyway whatsoever?

Please just look at the deal....vote pragmatically or idealistically - your choice.

Last edited by Numero Crunchero; 14th Aug 2007 at 02:35. Reason: Clarification and speelin