PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to JetStar pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 23:15
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seconded, Bloggs.

One sage once told me "There will always be someone somewhere who is flying bigger, faster, newer equipment than you, on more money."

I know for a fact that QF pilots as a group are no better or no worse than JQ, VB, or any other mob that you care to name.

Its good to have a bit of pride in your profession and in your organisation. Bit of history, all good. But don't think it doesn't exist elsewhere. This "tribalism" was invented by pinheads, and some of us maintain it. D'oh!

l wouldn't mind the extra money that is made at some other outfits. I'm not so sure I'd like to work at a place like QF or VB, don't know if I could take the 'culture', but thats another discussion.

I am dead pleased that they earn good money and that they are moving the marker up. More of it I say. Push the benchmark up, don't drag it down!

And if the rumour of $200k+ salaries at Tiger turns out to be true, I will be pleased but I won't be applying.

Move it up, boys! I'll keep my roster, my bionic DC-9, and no back of the clock flying and push my mob to move the money up towards yours.

Win win.