PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircraft wreck survey bristol channel,help please
Old 12th Aug 2007, 17:58
chris collins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wreckage

hi,
well to be honest i dont know, i was a very young boy of 14 when i got involved with the group, more or less just as it was folding up, due to goerge morleys ill health, although i do remember the keynsham wellington, was really a SAS dig, and some of the SWARG were invited,so we never really got a say in the matter, and me being a boy, certainly had no say what so ever, it annoys me because there was stuff from various incidents that "Disapeared", I know goerge tryed so hard to get a small building somewhere to have a little museum, but no museums were interested, also when we tryed to get the control tower at charmy down, the council blocked it, so we were doomed from the start, it makes me mad because there is a wealth of aviation history in the south west, and yet no one wants to donate or with a very small rent allow a small museum to start, such a shame,
A great place for a museum that is in the middle of the south west would be Weston Zoyland, as its central, and has a flying club,shame i cant get a grant for the old tower thats left there decaying,would be ideal as a little museum,
any how i was off the beaten track,last i knew some of the wreckage was on show at St Athan,many years ago when the SAS had some of there stuff on display there, also rumours when the group collapsed most of it got sold off without the actual "Finders" being told ,mainly to dilip sarkar, the aviation historian, Perhaps he has some of it, I will ask my mate if he knows any where abouts of wreckage from the said wellington bomber ,
TTFN
Chris