PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 17:03
BusyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS,

"You joined on A scales KNOWING 55 was the end of the golden road, your P/ funds are more than ok by the time you reach 55, we all know they're worth about $800,000 per year of service to you, and you joined knowing 55 was the end for the P/fund.

So now you get another 10 magic years on that nice A scale of about $145,000 month, with a lot of COS add ons."

You're missing the point, we are not on "A-Scales" any more. After a 25% paycut in '99 and no pay rises since '94 we are not on what we joined on, we're A-minus at best. Hence when CX has to extend the retirement age some will take advantage of it to make up for what we lost when CX broke our contract. If I knew that I was going to have a 25% paycut and no payrise from '94 until the end of my career do you really think I would have left 15yrs seniority at a National Carrier to come to CX. You didn't join with any expectations other than payrises over the years and you've had very little of that so we're all in the same boat. Stop whinging at A-scalers and lets try and stand together for once.