PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ScotAirways
Thread: ScotAirways
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 14:52
ADC2604

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scratchingthesky and FlyerGuy

I don't think Flybe (or Flymaybe as so many weird people refer it to) can be blamed for Scot Airways inability to secure demand on a route they have been operating for so long.

If Scot Airways offerd such an excellent service then their client list should have remained...the fact that Flybe offered similar routes should not have deterred passengers if Scot Airways package was so superior. Don't forget that Blue Islands which also isn't the largest airline around is operating in direct competition with BE and seem to be doing ok at the moment.

Unfortunatley this is what the aviation industry is all about, I am surprised at the number of job losses because I would have just thought that the Board of Directors for Scot Airways would look at offering a different service rather than withdrawing all together leaving so many jobless. I do feel for those who now have to look elsewhere but as I say this is what happens in this industry.....I do wish all those staff members the best and I am sure that they will be snapped up by another company.

And also something tells me BE won't be going bankrupt tomorrow......if they do I will eat my own hat.....whilst searching for a new job.

Before anyone jumps back my throat.....I would like to remind them that this is a discussion forum and therefore we need to have two sides to each story taken into account.

Last edited by ADC2604; 12th Aug 2007 at 15:51.