PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 14:37
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reply

ACMS and all those attacking the A scalers. You are doing yourself no favours.
You state that we the A scalers are getting a pay rise at your expense ? well 2% of HDP isn't exactly a pay rise is it ? and it certainly isn't at your expense
I wonder if you would be singing a different song if the A scalers got nothing and B scales received say 15% Would you reject the offer because the A scalers had received nothing . I won't hold my breath for an answer on that

The share option you so love shouting about. We had to pay tax on the difference between 7.47 and the vested option price. Many of us sold at $ 12- 14 and no it came nowhere close to compensating the loss of salary since 99 . So get off your soap box and stop complaining. Life isn't fair deal with it . I didn't like taking pay cuts or working harder for less money but I had 2 choices deal with it or leave . I chose to stay and deal with it. If you don't like your package you have the same 2 choices .

I came here when A scales were the only scale . I signed on expecting that my salary would keep pace with inflation. It hasn't . You knew the salary scale when you were offered the job and took it . Yes I'll grant you it is a lousy offer but be mad at those who made it , not those of us who have suffered nothing but pay cuts since

and by the way an extension on present salary is not a pay rise no matter which way you cut it

I have to say I am getting very sick and tired of your rants so if you want us to vote NO then stop attacking us . I would vote No to support the aircrew body against a bad deal, but from a purely personal perspective for me it is a no brainer . Annoy me enough with your attacks and I will vote for my own best benefit not yours.

Think about it before you lurch into your next rant

Thank you to Apple Tree Yard and west coast Capt for well balanced posts I wish there could be more .