PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 14:23
BlunderBus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A_scalers

I absolutely love the way the 'package' argument gets diverted away from the real issue and into A-scale slagging.The infantile level of spelling and grammar displayed here also shows many of you up as being a bit thick.I digress.
From the day any of you who are not A-scale joined your package has gone only one way...up.I'd like to point out that the A-scale crews,what few remain,have been on the receiveing end of this company's tactics for nearly 20 years...and in that period their conditions have gone dramatically....down.
For those of you who chose to join CX at a time when we were toe to toe with the company.. thank you for undermining years of effort and millions of dollars spent defending a contract you would have inherited...a fight which cost the careers of 49 of our troops.When you slithered over during the hiring ban or took command slots on the freighter away from the original mainstream f/o's..I didn't hear any whingeing then.Hundreds of freighter inductees had a mighty impact on negotiations 10 years ago to everone's detriment...you gave the company 'cheap crewing space' which they used to eventually screw us all...as we who had seen it all before..knew only too well.
Take a look at a senior A-scale captain who's been here nearly 20 years and left seat for maybe 12-13.He makes $143,000/month...hardly excessive considering where he lives.In recent years his salary was cut 28% in one fell swoop,hours increased from 65 to 84,annual leave diminished by 25%,overtime pay slaughtered,etc etc...I actually think ALL captains based in Hong Kong should be on $143K and that B scale sucks...but, like we all did years ago, you accepted what the company offered at the time(30K/month for f/o's incidentally)...and don't give me any **** about it being much cheaper then...you wouldn't know.
In fact I think most of you on this forum know bugger all anyway...certainly none of the history of our union contributions supporting the 49-ers...millions...so piss off and slap yourselves on the back for taking a dump on them(after MG forced the issue through to CX's satisfaction by forcing a re-vote)THAT'S why so many senior guys left the union...in PURE DISGUST.
You make it sound like we're all flocking back to vote on the 65 issue when it's already going to happen...morons.Yes i'm leaping with joy at the fact the provident fund will be wiped out,we'll be forced onto a travel scheme like everything else that can be 'amended from time to time'...all for the 'privelege' of hanging around for another 10 years...like we want to anyway.You're bitching about 3 more years as f/o but in fact you'll get 10 more years as captain...and I can tell you that the selfish and self-centered a-scale crews you so stupidly slag off here spent years voting against b scales/freighter pay and millions contesting it...What makes you think any of us would re-join the union to vote this through...take the time to talk to some of the guys...we're all a big fat NO too...we still insist on fighting the company when they table a **** deal that affects everyone.
Obviously A-scale is a vast minority now so you'll be the masters of your own destinies...good luck..give 'em hell.....lets get everyone 'up where they belong' on a square deal.....That's my opinion....and i've been here long enough to have earned it!

Last edited by BlunderBus; 14th Aug 2007 at 03:14.