PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 04:59
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...thick as Texas mud you are..

Regardless of how good a deal the A scalers are getting....it has NOTHING to do with what is on offer for the B scale. We need to insist on getting the SAME deal post 55 as the A scale is being offered. There is not some finite pot of money to work with here. The company can pay more if they want to. With the type of small minded mentality you demonstrate, it is no wonder they think that the B scale pilots don't deserve more....

ps. you say that the A scalers came here 'knowing' they would retire at 55. They also had an expectation that the company would not attack their salaries and conditions after going on bases. The reason many of them extend is because they aren't obligated to stop work when YOU think they should. If you wonder why I am so supportive of the A scalers, it's because I saw what happened to my Father when Pan Am went down. It's easy to be critical and cynical about those more senior to you.....right up to the time you are one of the seniors yourself. At United, many of the FO's didn't want the US airlines to extend the retirement age to 65.....at least until we were Captains ourselves....same logic applies here!