PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 04:54
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
A few A scalers did take a base and took out their P funds, but not more than 40% of them.
A scalers receive annual increments.
B scalers receive annual increments
A scalers were told sign or be fired but were given share options at $7.47, what's CX share price today? double that?
I have always said we should not cut the A scale wage, rather move up to them under the retirement age of 55. This is not going to happen ever, they came here knowing they would retire at 55. In the past 2 years a lot of them have accepted really bad conditions to stay, why? because it was the easy thing to do.
B scales desperately need a payrise, you know it as well as I. what they are offering is a slap on the face at the same time giving the A scalers a huge win for something they never expected to get in a million years, it's been given at YOUR expense. We B scalers are paying for it.
Why has it been put forward?
Well most of the GC are A scale and the GMA has extended on B scales and will reap a small fortune if this passes.

The A scalers did NOTHING to stop B scale in 1993 because they were told "we will not touch your A scale" Thanks fellas, now we take it up the a again.