PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 04:37
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I think the fact that you have been living in HK for 14 years explains why your life seems to revolve around envy and anger. Perhaps you need to pack up and move somewhere...? I worked at United for over a decade, so please don't try and suggest that I don't know what it's like to work in a difficult and unsettled environment. Regardless of the crap we put up with at United, most of us never lost sight of the fact that the managment were the ones who were responsible for the misery caused. The only sentiment I ever felt towards our senior 74 captains was the desire to one day attain that position...with the pay that went with it. What exactly do you aspire to? Oh, joined the AOA after 4 months in the company. Anything else?

ps. my understanding is that most A-scalers went on a base fairly early in their careers, thereby negating the provident fund. Then, in 99 they had their pay and benefits slashed arbitrarily (sign or be fired). I also understand that they have had their pay frozen for almost 10 years? From what I can see, our B-scale salary has had steady rises over that same period of time. Again, focus on the real problem. Your anger is blinding you to the fact that the managment is the place to focus your wrath...