PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 03:29
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a complete bunch of immature, self-defeating, envious silly buggers. This must be the ONLY airline in the world that employs pilots that ACTIVELY seek to bring down the top level of pay and benefits within that airline! Regardless of how 'envious' we are of the A scale, to seek it's demise is the height of career expectation suicide. To hopefully live in the Penthouse one day,...there actually has to BE a penthouse to move into....

In case most of your silly little minds haven't figure it out yet, the A scalers are not the problem...the company is the problem. They are rolling waist-deep in cash caused by record revenues and record profits. The only hope we as B-scalers have of ever seeing better pay and conditions is to make sure that such things continue to exist at the airline. Go ahead and bring down the A-scale. What will you be left with then? An airline that has now established an even LOWER top level of salary scales. In addition, you will then all become, by defualt, the 'new A-scale'. What do you think management will seek to do with your pay and benefits when you are now considered the 'top-scale'.

The company has more than enough money to both pay for the A-scalers to extend, AND increase the B-scale on a schedule that merges with A at a defined point in the future. I find it fascinating that so many of you seem to have turned your anger on the one group who's existence provides a living example of what the job should pay. I weep for the future of this airline, and it's pilots careers if so many of the junior officers seem to think that helping the management to bring down the top scale will somehow ensure the betterment of their own futures. Madness on a truly epic scale.

As a B-scaler, I will be voting NO. I will however INSIST on any further package offering both the A-scale extensions, and a FAIR deal for the B's.

Remember, it is not a 'zero-sum' game. You don't have to take from one group to give to another. The only people who want to see that happen is the management. Perhaps a few of you could explain why you seem to want to do managements dirty work for them?