PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2007, 21:53
happy2bfa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said candypants

Lets hope now management will realise that what was offered was just too riduculous. At the end of the day all any of us want is to be treated fairly and without the ongoing discrimation to all regional staff in comparison to the rest of the QF group. I am so sick and tired of being referred to only being a regional employee. What the hell does that mean anyway?? Last time I looked our contribution to this airline outweighed any other division. Go figure. Still fail to see what it is that is so different to what the crew do on the jets??

All I want for us is that we are treated equally with equal base salary, allowances and DTA. Yeah Yeah I know I'm dreaming but honestly why should we not. If a budget carrier can pay their guys more than us, and operate as a budget carrier what are we then peanuts for the monkeys???

I have worked for mainline as well and I can honestly say I have never worked so hard on a old crappy 100/200 with a full load. Lets face it tell any mainliner what our day entails and they think we are stark raving mad!!!!

I am so proud to be working with such fantastic people at both syd & mel bases. I hope we continue to stick together in fighting for what is ethically right and fair.

I also hope now that this union we all continue to finance gets a wake up and starts doing what it actually is that we are paying them for. I want the union to be the union of old and help to achieve fair working conditions just as they had done for years prior. Lets face it there must have been some grunt in them at once stage otherwise we wouldn't have what we have today. I remember when the long haul crew fought for their rights and the union stood up to the plate then.

congratulations to all who have voted down this eba, and to those of you who did not I'm sure you had your reasons which you are entitled to and nobody has the right to critisise. I hope we all continue to stick together so achieve what at the end of the day should be fair and without prejudice.