PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2007, 10:28
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby/Easy/ALC

Lee

I can't see Baby & Easy both having a future at EMA unless there is total intransigence by BHX management towards attracting more LOCO's.

There is already enough evidence to suggest BHX has woken up (there is little they could have done more re EI in my opinion) and once a major
LOCO is in place (Orange?) or Baby expand massively (no sign yet) the
squeeze will be on EMA eventually.

Ryanair will be fine at EMA and I am sure will grow and grow with summer covering some of those dreadful winter load factors on some routes. BTW this winters FR schedule is 10 times better last winters.

Sterling have stolen a march on FR re Scandinavia but eventually they will be seen off. Baby and more so Easy have had plenty off chances to expand at EMA and they have not for differing reasons I would guess.
Will that change, possibly but unlikely?

Easy will need to decide soon whether to take on Ryanair or move down the M42. As you say Malaga is probably not far round the corner for FR and that would make three operators on the route like Alicante which surely can't be viable in winter.

As for 3am from the hotel, it is a bit different than having a coach waiting to take you to the airport rather than dealing with a hire car or local taxi.

I always try to use local transport when on holiday but at 3 in the morning? Still it is Ryanair and I am sure it will be fine.

Pete