PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Interview In Paris - Need Help!!!
Old 11th Aug 2007, 06:46
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
norwegian pilot I know of NJE pilots in all the above mentioned bases. If they are there I guess its possible more pax can live there..

If you are Norwegian or Swedish and work for an international company, regardless of wich(NJE, Global Jet... internet chip international) and in the contract you must pay incometax to the country of your companys HQ, in NJE`s case Portugal and UK(social security), both mentioned countrys have a bilateral tax argeement that prevents dual taxation. Just contact your local tax agent and get the facts instead of waisting time here speculating.

cheers.
Dear fellow crewmember,

You are rehearsing the company position well, HOWEVER, the double taxation agreement is valid only between 2 countries, the HQ is not mentionned in the double taxes agreement, ONLY the 'EFFECTIVE' control of the company ( to prevent mail-boxes companies in tax Heaven). Where are the customers contracts signed with ? Where are the Pilots coming from ? Where are the Sales publicised from ? , Read the brochures, NTA is the charter operation of Netjets. Do not get lured by the fact that everybody is calling himself Netjets...

You will find that your LOCAL tax agent is not high enough in the ranking to approve such an operation, or statement, this is to an European level. It is very clearly written in the european law and various agreement, before being so pedantic, you should rehassess the problem on a large scale. ( The very famous BIG picture)

For the time being , if you are not on an UK-based contract, a Portuguese contract, OR the Isle of Man contract, you are not legal.

The IOM contract isl egal, based on the External Services from UK; the only thing is that you have to declare yourself as self-employed in your home country and pay the correct taxes on it; the fact that some people did not do it at times, does not void this contract, nor the company behaviour. Most of the seniors pilots did their homework in their respective countries, today we will not be able to handle the year 2008, BECAUSE we will be TRIPLED taxed to a Level of 90% !!!!!! The New guys will be DOUBLE taxed !!!
This is not speculation these are facts, coming from various IRS in Europe, and documented.

You are mentionning Global Jet as an example, If you are LUX based, you will be paying your taxes in LUX but why would you pay your taxes in Moscow ?

Do not mistake my position, I'm more a pro-company than anybody else, but along the years it is time to grow up and not repeating the US scheme all together. We can do it right, so Just Do It !