PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 23:02
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Turin writes about EK's A380 at MAN

"Oh thats good that is. Very very good.

Hmmmm here's another, SwineAir are to start daily services to PORKland via HAMburg. Not sure what time of day but they want to take advantage of the afternoon TROUGH.
Sorry if this is a BOAR. "

Sorry Mr Turin, but EK have been talking to the Airport for some time (2+ years that I am aware of) about A380 ops. Of course EK's plans have been changing, not least because of the delivery delays to the 380.

I fly with EK every couple of months in J class from MAN and am often wait listed even several weeks in advance although the seat has always become available so far......The aircraft is more often than not full and it is a viable way to get to many long haul destinations from this part of the world in relative comfort without having to endure the hell that is LHR. A 3rd frequency would be nice in the interim.....

The DXB hub is relatively hassle free and nicely breaks up a Far East journey half way through which European hubs don't do. If I miss my connection, I don't have to wait for more than a few hours for the next flight because of EK's frequencies. As EY and QR build up destinations and frequencies from AUH and DOH, they will become more viable too.

If EY are changing times it would be a shame as it is always nice to know there is a flight at the same time each day, especially for passengers on business who may need to change travel arrangements at short notice. But I guess they will have done their homework, looking at connecting pax flows and how to minimise connection times etc to attract more pax.

Suzeman