PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 22:24
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst all this expansion by airlines is great for EMA, IMHO there will have to be some consolidation at some point as there are only so many passengers to go round - I think EMA has to be very careful about letting FR go too far, expansion into unserved markets yes, expansion to compete in markets where demand exceeds supply yes but expansion into markets already well served by others, hmmmm, you don't want to become a one trick pony airport now do you?? If Baby and Easyjet can't stand the heat (and lets face it, FR has a good track record of scaring others off when they start competing on a route) i'm sure the runway down the road at BHX will look ever more attractive...........
Great comment, I totally agree with this. I'm sure EMA would prefer to give customers more choice over airlines they choose but having seen what ryanair have done at other airports and competing with other airlines and when there is only so much demand a route can take then like you said we may see more routes moved or started from BHX...