PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 09:37
ColdWar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XCX/GoinHome

You're not voting YES, or anything else. You've already told us that you have a job elsewhere, and that you would have nothing to do with the AOA. That makes you either a liar, or a half-wit.
You complain, forever, about what a rotten place CX is, but, yet, spend years working here. That confirms that you either have a) not got the courage of your convictions, b) no spine, or c) both. One day, if you finally leave, you will pat yourself on the back for being alone in your bravery. It will be fitting, because no one else will care - your legacy for having contributed nothing during your time at Cathay.
COS08 is a terribly important matter to CX pilots. All intelligent perspectives and insights are appreciated. It is too important to waste time on the drivel of those who have nothing but harsh criticism for the AOA, which they announce as a "joke", and are constantly bleating about the AOA doing nothing for them. Do you not understand that, by choosing not to belong to the AOA, you have rendered yourselves irrelevant in this critical vote, and your comments in this matter are equally irrelevant. To not recognize this reveals you as either terminally stupid, or naive in the extreme.
By all means, don't join the Association, if that is your choice, but don't, then, be fool enough to complain that it has not done enough to improve your lot in life. It is only you (by belonging) that can give the AOA some teeth.
I think the company offering on COS08 is rotten, and I am willing to bet that someone as honest and forthcoming as Number Cruncher (in cognito) is not anxious to recommend its acceptance, but let us remember that this is not the Excited States or the "Untied" Kingdom, where unions have much more clout. The closest thing we can have to "union power" is for most CX pilots to belong to the AOA, and for the vote to overwhelmingly reject the company proposal.

ColdWar.