PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 09:36
beerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX Strategy

Has anybody analysed why the management have decided on this path?
Do remember that they introduced B scale for a reason, and to extend A scale for ten years goes against this logic. So here's my theory ( or at least the theory of a B scale LEP who has a PHd or something like that).
They're extending the A scale for another ten years BECAUSE, its the only battle that they can win. There's nothing (within their reasoning) that they can throw at the B scale which will make them happy. Some chaps mentioned 20% increment, do you think they're going to offer that, NO WAY!!
So go after the only winning strategy, keep the A scale captains happy and F^&k the rest.
Thinking it through, makes perfect sense, they keep all the trainers, because no way they'll leave now; majority of B scalers will bitch and groan but will probably stay, minority of ballsy enough B scalers who leave, well no problem, ramp up the recruitment and replace them. Keep the A scalers and theres at least another ten years before you have to deal with it..
So as my friend puts it..400 FO's leave, who cares, 400 SOs will take their place.
So there you go, why give away money to A scalers instead of trying to give less money to B scalers, and there's your answer!!