PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to JetStar pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 04:16
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to JetStar pilots

With the news of the imminent arrival of Qantas' new Chairman ,Leigh Clifford, and the headlines such as "Dixon finds a supporter on IR"
or "Dixon finds a fellow IR warrior in former Rio Tinto boss"
or "Dixon created JetStar as a means of shifting the IR goal posts"
One can only summise that the industrial climate is about to get hotter, much hotter.
At present I sense a certain smugness emanating from some JetStar pilots, no doubt bolstered by their belief that they are cheaper than Qantas and therefore favoured.

My question is ,let us suppose Dixon wins his ideologically driven, government backed and sanctioned industrial war and Qantas pilots end up on a JetStar inspired contract, who will get the spoils then, when there is no longer any productivity/cost difference?

The Legacy pilots who are extensively trained to a standard, or the LCC pilots who are trained to a price?

I wonder who CASA would favour, I wonder who Qantas' insurance underwriters would favour, I wonder who the shareholders would favour?

Maybe you could then regain the high ground by signing a new contract that gives you back that competitive edge so as not to pollute that culture.l

A true example of how WorkChoices will work as dreamed up by the big end of town.

Last edited by max autobrakes; 10th Aug 2007 at 04:28.