PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange habits of your copilots...
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 00:14
Airbusalltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink What's in a name

LEM
just wanted to note my view on the throttle thing.
As a junior F/O(only got into the "jetviation world" recently) I havent much experience but the type I fly, and please disregard my nickname, we takeoff using a less the maximum power setting. There no written procedure but it's assumed we take the throttles into our hands in a way we are able to reach the TOGA buttons to press and ask for MAX thrust when we deem it necessary. That is the sole reason I keep my hand on the levers, loosly, but accurately positioned during takeoff up to 2000AGL(above which the TOGA switches are disabled).
I have a tiny amount of airbus experience, really tiny but I do know the basic system workings, and I can understand why my company expects the same on this type of a/c(e.g. flex detent, being ready to command MAX power)...
As our fellow from former Sabena says, it is a GOP, however having no experience with the 737 autoflight/thrust systems, can't comment on that.
Note: thrust levers in our flying tin are quite rigid and one can be sure a hand will not retard them due to even severe turbulence...
Concerning the tales of the copilot-screwups... it's a good laugh... I'm sure our captains have such amusing talks among eachother aswell, so well hey I'm happy I can give them a laugh and something to talk about.
cheers