PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF morphs into EY
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 20:28
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interestingly...Staff travel in the 1980s when GF was a smaller airline reportedly
made BD300,000.000 profit per year out of Gf and other airlines staff ticket sales....in some of thoes years GF paid a profit share bonus to everyone including crews...they also gave long service watches to pilots...A nice steel Rolex oyster for 20plus years and a God awfull looking (queers only) one for 10years plus (It was a Swiss watch and sold for BD80 in the market...one blokes gave his to his house boy as he would not be seen dead wearing it...others flogged them back to the shop...I still have mine..never worn and still in its box.
Managers got gifted free Ford limo. cars and the ops manager a local chap even turned his down and negotiated a better more expensive car...he supposedly also ran a smaller building company that fixed the leaky ops roof 24/7 before the present Pink Palace was built.
I often wonder how the sixth most profitable airline in the world with no unions or staff pension fund to worry about managed to manage us into this present mess.