PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerosvit Airline
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 17:17
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Just to explain to those not familiar with the carrier, Aerosvit is one of the two main Ukrainian airlines, the other is Ukraine International. Aerosvit concentrate on transatlantic flights and those to the old Soviet Union and Asia, whereas Ukraine International concentrate on Western Europe, though each invades the other's territory to a limited extent. Both are headquartered in Kiev and use Boeing aircraft nowadays, not the old Soviet fleet.

1. This is true of the majority of the world's airlines. It's been quite some years since I booked a plane flight (including US carriers) and didn't have to pay for it at the initial time.

2. This is true of the majority of the world's airlines. I know some US carriers do seat allocation with reservations, but still some do not. Even British Airways for example do not do it for the majority. On the other hand most of the world's airlines do not have the level of Denied Boarding the US majors regularly get up to.

3. This is again true of the majority of the world's airlines.

I get the feeling you haven't done a lot of travelling. Hmmm, Ukraine is going to be an experience .........