PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 10:41
CYRILJGROOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the GC is doing is bringing the best deal they have been able to obtain thus far to the membership for voting. At this stage it appears they have not recommended either for or against. It is absurd to accuse the GC of not representing B scalers. The payrises for B scale are in the order of 15% for Capts and A scalers get no salary increase only HDP increases of 1.7%.

I understand the emotion of FO's and SO's regarding the impact of increased retirement age however, age 55 retirement is history because of existing and future anti discrimination laws. It is very topical throughout the world and age 65 is going to be implemented regardless of these negotiations. Northwest airlines just employed a 72 year old new joiner flight attendant as a result of US legislation.

I get the impression that Bushcat would like to sell A scalers down the drain to obtain a bigger payrise for B scalers, my thoughts are everybody should be given 20%. Let the process take its course and vote when you have a complete understanding of the package.