PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 07:52
bushcat400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Having just read the proposal outlined to us I am now convinced more than ever there is no one truly representing B-scale officers at the AOA. That proposal is just a slap in the face, and if that is the best our supposed negotiating team can come up with...then any other offer or agreement won't result in much of an improvement on this proposal.

Firstly, for those of us approaching command (within the next 1-2 years) a delay of 3-4 years is likely and with no bypass pay! Unified pay results in a decrease at year 6 from current levels!
The actual pay increase for a HKG officer is 11.5% over 2 years...are you for real? That is a joke! That does not account for exchange rates, cost of living, education, inflation,and tax rate increases. But should not have expected anything else when we were told by the AOA..."looks like we have a competitive package!"

To put it simply...the Company gets a lot...A-scalers get a lot...B-scalers get a slap in the face!

What a disappointment. I can only feel empathy/sympathy for the F/Os on the negotiating team...poor buggers must have been screaming inside...probably outside to!