PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 22:48
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundhand

My thought processes are based on many years in the airline industry, probably a lot more that you and if I feel that negativity is due then a negative post will be made. If you look at previous posts I have been more that supportive of other operators at NCL recently these include - Jet2, XL, Flyjet so its not a case of been negative just for the sake of it.

I have also pointed out that EZY management beleive they can improve revenue by moving aircraft from NCL to BFS and developing routes from that base. However by doing so does this not support my theory that they are loosing interest in NCL and that the base here will go the same way as EMA which has seen little or no expansion/development for a while. I have never indicated that airlines should introduce routes for the sake of it but given the evidence to hand the yields on many, not all the routes, they have reduced in the last couple of years must have made the airline money. EZY management however believe that they can make even more money by stationing the aircraft elsewhere which is obviously bad for NCLs future plans but good in this case for BFS.

My feelings towards how EZY and the routes they have from the NCL base are based on detailed analysis of the pax loads on those routes and how they have developed or not as the case may be. In particular the example I gave was the STN route where after a number of years on this route the number of rotations to STN are no better than that of 2002 when Go flew the route despite passenger figures climbing by approx 25% between 2002 and 2007. flydutchman hit the nail on the head when they stated that 5 rotations a day were probably too much but 3 or indeed 2 during a lot of the winter timetable are not adequate to service demand. If of course you have any facts to disprove this then I welcome them.

With regard to your last post well it really does not warrant too sensible a reply but if you have some spare funds under your bed ill happily take them off you and start up an airline to prove my point!!! However my understading is by the time this happens a couple of the routes may have already been picked up by another operator with Rome albeit to Fiumicino been the first.

Last edited by ncleflights; 8th Aug 2007 at 23:05.