PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for aviance
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 08:17
J McK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for Aviance at BFS for 2 years (ramp & dispatch) and thought they were a good company to work for. No major problems with the running of the company there. I found my dispatch supervisor very good and easy to get on with and no issues at all when working there and really enjoyed my time. All the staff seemed to get on really well and really good craic. It will vary between stations but BFS (I think) was good station to work at. They informed the staff about union action (pay rises etc) and whilst I was there we got 2 transatlantic contracts on top of domestic contracts. I only left because my uni course requires to me do a placement year or else I still would have been there.

As regards to uniform depends which department your in.
Dispatch - trousers, shirt & tie, safety boots
Ramp - cargo pants, t-shirt, safety boots
Pax Serv - same as dispatch for males, blouse and either trousers or skirt for females
All staff get options of waterproofs and jackets/fleeces depending on department. Pay was good as well although Menzies payed more but no sick pay where Aviance did.

Only problem with Aviance at BFS was the equipment. Most of it worked but there was always something breaking down. They did get a new tug which was like xmas but with some new or better equipment there would help with the operation greatly.

I have not worked for Serviceair so can't really comment on working conditions there.

Don't know about other stations but I can recommened working for them at BFS.

Last edited by J McK; 8th Aug 2007 at 08:27.