PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 7th Aug 2007, 21:20
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, but why does it seem that flight crew (I'm not just talking about the pilots here) get singled out for special attention?

This is a pilots website and I am a pilot, so obviously I'm going to talk from my point of view. Everyone trying to get through security is going somewhere.

However, it IS different for crews, we are more obvious to the passengers and it doesn't exactly do them any good to see their pilots and cabin crew getting man-handled before they get to the aircraft. Most of them are stressed to 90 anyway. Did you read the report that came out showing the stress levels of pasengers going through Heathow? It was frightening.

Why is it that I always see security staff just wandering back from a break and not going through the same checks?

You have already shown you have an attitude towards pilots. Why is that? I always try and be as polite as possible to security, even if I have been treated rudely or aggressively. I have only seen one incicdent of an argument between a pilot and a security guard and the pilot was totally justified in my book. ther than that, I have seen nothing that would suggest pilots have an attitude towards secuity staff.

We all know these security checks are a load of nonsense, we put up with them because we have to. Having a separate entrance for crew would be a good start or staff who don't automatically treat you like a terrorist.

Yes, it must be a mind numbing job and having to deal with that many people is bound to be wearing, but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.