PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 7th Aug 2007, 20:14
busty bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it that makes captains (overpaid bus drivers of the sky) think that they are so special that they are 'above' the security restrictions that EVERYONE else is subjected to!

When are Flight Deck going to realise Airport Staff and Security Staff do NOT make the rules - we just suffer the consequences of the abuse from staff who object to them, and the rath of the Department for Transport Inspectors if we do not adhere to them!!

I would have thought that so called 'proffesionals' would have had a bit more understanding and respect.
You may comment that security satff are not always as 'polite' as you would like - well maybe flight crews are not always as 'polite as they should be!!

I do not actaully agree with the current restrictions and I also feel they are more about PR than about actually making people safer - but I don't get to choose if I'm searched or not when I go through Security Numerous times during a 12hr shift - so please can you remind me why flight deck are so special? And I'm not interested in the whole 'well if they really wanted to kill everyone they would crash the a/c theory'.

I think the worst behaviour I've ever heard is a Capt 'concealing' a bottle of aftershave in his pants - because it was apparently 'essential' he have it with him during his 3hr flight!!!????

I have enough to deal with passengers and think a little bit of understanding wouldn't go amiss!!