PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Helicopters ???
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 10:13
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three Blades
I think that I remember seeing a sign in the old office of BHH saying that "Biggin Hill Helicopters" was a trading name for another company with a name like "Hughes Helicopter Company" or "Hughes Helicopters Ltd".
I believe that's correct.
"Biggin Hill Helicopters" was a trading name. It traded under that name for 15 years or more. It was only a trading name, not a limited company.

Then, a couple of years ago, something rather odd happened .....

Someone (not "Biggin Hill Helicopters") registered a company as Biggin Hill Helicopters Limited.
As far as I know, nothing came of it and that company has never traded. (Whirlygig's research appears to confirm my belief.) However, it begs the question:
Why set up a company in someone else's trading name?

Some may find it difficult to think of an honourable motive for registering a company in someone else's trading name.

Lots of unanswered questions.
eg
  • Who registered Biggin Hill Helicopters Limited?
  • Who are/were the investors behind Biggin Hill Helicopters Limited?
  • What are/were their motives?
  • Can there be any motive other than planning to take advantage of the good name another business has built up over many years?
  • Are there people who knew BHH was struggling and, for their own motives, spread damaging rumours?
  • Are they behind some of the new usernames who appeared out of the woodwork in the last BHH thread earlier this year and now in this one?
I've only flown from BHH once, a few years ago when I was looking for a Jetranger renewal urgently and they fitted me in, but I was very impressed by the FI (Simon), the Examiner (Bill Lowry) and the school set-up.

FL

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 7th Aug 2007 at 10:55.