PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK MC miscomm
Thread: EK MC miscomm
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 22:27
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trimotor, I'm a bus-boy, so basically, selected is the same as configured, it takes just a second for the flaps to get there. Don't know how you Boeing guys play it.
As for the 160 till 4, we can do that with speed selected and fully configured. The ridiculous thing is that we are now flying fully configured, burning extra fuel to keep the speed (putting extra load on the flaps) and once past 4nm you just reduce and are nicely established at 1000ft.
Instead of treating us like children and making up these stupid rules, why don't they let us just do our job and fly the thing. People who can't decide themselves where to put the gear and the flaps out to make the stabilization criteria just don't belong in the seats their in.

Anyway, I just used this as an example in a previous post, let's get back to the topic...

I would love to see if Ed or whoever will inform us about this cock up for future reference.. He is in his writing phase with all his pathetic letters lately.

Have to go to sleep now, wouldn't want my neighbour asking me tomorrow what I was doing up at 2.25 in the morning. He might want to point out to me how serious my job is and that I need to take my rest blah blah blah...

MR8