PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 22:48
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was hoping that Oasis Hong Kong may look to start MAN services in the near future but is instead looking at Milan, Cologne and Berlin. Shame really as this could be a great move if the airline and airport were to band their heads together. What do people think? Cheers.

On another note, I had a bad experience at MAN last Thursday on the taxiing-inbound FCA flight from CCC. We landed approx. 5 minutes early but then had to wait 45 mins outside the AVP to wait for an Air France A319 to vacate our parking space. This was due to a delayed flight! Now, if Air France are to base a plane at MAN for a night stop, surely there can be no delay unless there was a technical error with the aircraft! How can a plane be delayed if it hasn't even taken to the sky that day?!

Also, MAN need to sort out their runway operations. We waited 35 minutes on the outbound flight to cross 23R because of the mrning rush. We eventually deperted 45 minutes late. This was after a morning of chaos with a delayed taxi from my house and excess baggage of £85. Not a great start to the hols!

Anyway, FCA were exceptional and their economy service was equal to that of BA, EK etc in the same class. Brilliant and warm loving crew!

Soryy about that, I just can't stand MAN operations, just hoped that all airlines were as good as FCA and could instantly destress you once you have boarded the plane...oh...wait...FR fly from MAN...ah well, that idea goes out of the window!