PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 4th Aug 2007, 12:32
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reluctant to point out security breeches on pprune for a long time, because it is potentially passing info to terrorists. However, there is so much info on this thread now I don't think it matters any more!!

Anyway, there are two huge disgraceful inconsistencies I see regularly.

1. At on major UK airport the police walk through staff security without removing radios, bobby hats or any of the regalia they carry. They obviously set off the detectors, but are not searched. The police has been infiltrated by reporters, so why not terrorists. There has never been a case of a terrorist getting a job as an airline pilot then committing a terror act. There are terrorists using the police force as a method of gaining power in many countries in which there is a power struggle, but in the UK it is restricted to reporters looking for a storey at the moment!! As an airline pilot I WILL NOW DEMAND that the police are searched when I see it happening.
2. Same goes for Customs Officers at another airport. They bring through CARS without the boots being searched. A customs officer’s family at gunpoint could end my life and the life of my passengers. THEY MUST BE SEARCHED.

I really think these exceptions to the rule are disgusting while pilots are being exposed to unnecessarily high levels of security