PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 13:25
mack 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is for GIGGO 2.
I have a post from 24th July so I will not repeat what I said other than I am proud of what I have achived and will always be pleased with what I have. I must point out that with loss of earnings I have spent over £60, 000. so keep this in mind.
During my years looking for employment I made a number of good contaccts who I would be able to have an honest conversation with. A good number of them (training captains HR managers) pointed out tht there was a definate line at 40 years old in relation to training. Statisticaly it would take a person a week longer to train, this would cost them when they could just take on a younger person.
I did point out that I was older married with a family and would stay with whoever employed me as I would not wish to keep chasing round the country for jobs and upsetting my stable family. Should they take on a younger person they may only stay for a couple of years and then move on to larger aircraft, this would mean more training. I would have saved this continous future expense by progressing within (I must point out that I was focused on turboprops). A good an honest argument. their response was that is a future budget, they were concerned about todays.
I too would even in my position of not continuing would have hated myself for not trying.
DO IT don't lie on your death bed thinking I wish I had tried However, FI is a must!