PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition to Support Trainee Pilots
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 08:57
camel toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crikey! Those who have signed it really need to think what they are trying to achieve. I don't believe a scheme such as this will ever materialise but imagine if it did. At the moment the guys and girls coming out of training, are going to be on the whole, a rather dedicated bunch who have had to work hard both at the flying and the penny pinching. (There are of course some who are fortunate in terms of personal wealth, but I would imagine most have worked and saved and sold body parts to fund the training). If there were to be some sort of government scheme to reduce the financial hurdles the number of people training would increase, and would most certainly include many who aren't quite as passionate but doing it anyway.

That all important first job would become infinitely much harder to find.

Fortunately I am quietly confident that such a scheme will never be introduced by the government, but people please just think before signing something.

I agree with boogie-nicey, get a plan and get on with it. There are plenty out there who are working hard to get into the first job and you lot are trying to open the flood gates.

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"