PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet crews and Revised taxes in Germany?
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 10:57
OPEN DES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some thoughts.

1. I have the impression that EZY knew about this from the beginning of this year or even before. They precisely timed the email from last week to ensure the crewing level during the summer peak. (3 month notice period)

2. As mentioned before this is a liability thing from easyJet to show the authorities that they HAVE informed their crew.

3. easyJet has got the German local contracts ready on the shelves and is trying to make things as complicated as possible to then offer us THE solution: i.e. a local contract. Sign it, or we will report you to your local tax-authority.

Pessimistic, perhaps.

I have joined a German base this spring and STILL they offered me to do the so-called S690 without informing me about any tax-liabilities in Germany.
I still have some thinking-time untill my 183 days in Germany expire.

For those in the know:
The new regulations state that German will fully exempt you from taxing provided you pay full UK tax. Is there a way for non UK residents to pay full UK tax? Without claiming tax back in the the yearly return. I would rather deal with one tax authority alone and Pay-As-You-Earn in the UK.

Regards