PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 23:14
gibbo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fascinating thread! I'm 38, chartered accountant, 100 hrs on microlights, and seriously thinking of chucking life savings (and then some) at the modular lottery - or maybe not after reading this. I just fell I wish I'd gone for it earlier, and if I don't have an effing good crack at it now it will def be too late I'll regret it the rest of my life.

Realistically I'll be 40 by the time I get to fATPL. Given Vito's and other experiences here, am I completely deluded that there's but the slimmest chance of landing a decently paid aviation job at that age? I have the wife/kids/mortgage constraint and know I am gambling with their future to some extent.

I've just started doing my research in the last week, but seems if there are that many good quality, more experienced candidates out there really struggling then maybe I've swallowed the sales pitch from OAT, Bristol and the like. If there's some more light/end/tunnel stories for the older aspirant, I'd be truly grateful to hear them to balance some of this doom and gloom!