PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 12:01
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Concentrate on the facts that pertain to MR2, include those that have a DIRECT correlation, do away with rumour, conspiracy theories and speculation and we will hopefully get an answer and stop it happening again.

Yes wouldn't that be nice Headstone? If only life were that simple! No more tiresome comment about MRA4, no more dragging in talk of helicopter airworthiness or Hercules ESF, and best of all no more hinting at skulduggery in the MOD! But life isn't simple, the MOD certainly isn't. You choose to discount tucumseh's post where he tells us that from his personal experience:
There are various threads here (Mull of Kintyre, Nimrod, Hercules, Tornado/Patriot are a few) where people have vented their frustration at being continually fobbed off with half truths and outright lies from the MoD. I know little about some of these – but on others I was one of those who accurately warned of problems that later “emerged” in the BOI reports. What I can offer is an overview which wholly refutes the MoD’s standard response that problems were isolated events and completely unrelated......The common factors? Someone in the Customer organisation (not the procurers) must identify the requirement up front and make proper materiel and financial provision. MoD, as a rule, no longer does this properly or accurately, which causes financial pressure later in the programme, forcing people to take sometimes dangerous shortcuts. You do NOT initiate the Training Needs Analysis as an afterthought or, worse, take a bloody minded decision to ditch training altogether just because the Customer has forgotten to ask for it, or refused to do his job. (The other programme I mentioned). There needs to be acceptance that the ISD cannot, by definition, be met if the aircrew and maintainers are not properly trained. Training (and accompanying documentation) is a fundamental part of the airworthiness process. (Read the Mull thread – this is a prominent feature).
You may choose to characterise his testimony as irrelevant to this thread, I do not. It is for others to decide what position they take. For myself all that tucumseh tells us has a "DIRECT correlation" to the loss of XV230 and the:
tragic events leading to the loss of a valuable aircraft and a fine bunch of RAF and Army people

so, with all due respect, I shall go on posting in the same vein on this thread. I hope others do so as well.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 1st Aug 2007 at 12:42. Reason: wrong attribution given