PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 08:05
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, where do I get one of those 'best licences'?

All I got for my £xxxx was some crappy green folder with some dodgy bits of paper in it.

(Still, it least it hasn't got sheep tracks on it........yet )

Back on to thread:

Vito,

Sorry but you come across to me as a spoilt little school brat who has spent his money and now demands that some company with big shiny aeroplanes gives you one to play with.

You are at the bottom of the pile. It will get there eventually but will whisk by you with an attitude like that. This game is about skill, experience and luck and it is a torrid mix of the three. Timing is also thrown in there. If you didn't realise this when you started then you were either very naive or badly briefed.

The biggest problem that interviewer have with low houred pilots is getting them to open up properly in the interview to enable the interviewer to assess the candiate. It is difficult and it is a nerve wracking environment but all that pulls you along in that scenario is your personality, drive and determination. You don't have thousands of hours to draw experiences from to let the interviewer know how you handled this situation and that so give him, and yourself a break and lighten up.

Time will tell but, from the way you post here, I feel you are in the wrong line of work and have made a very expensive mistake. Please don't come and sit in my cockpit, I am allowed to moan about the state of the world, but then I've been flying in it for many years and I need the younger guys to point out that it really isn't that bad!

Cheers

Last edited by wobble2plank; 1st Aug 2007 at 08:26.