PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 07:59
approachchecks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Salaries

I think you are right there Chinny (regarding salaries) but I think a huge factor in salaries/contracts in Dubai is the continously rising cost of renting accommodation.(except Emirates for obvious reasons)

If I remember correctly Nakheel was offering AED120 000 (£16100.00) per year for housing allowance. If you have a family and require a 3 bedroom house, I challenge you to go look in the papers or the internet for suitable housing. I will be amazed if you find anything available. Unless you are willing to go live in Abu Dhabi or Sharjai. Not great for any "AD HOC" charters though.

I think that if they kept their allowance in proportion to the cost of renting then maybe there would be more crew keen to make the move to Dubai. I am sure unless this happens then anybody who has done abit of homework, will see that there are better places to go and that it is not worth the energy making the move to Dubai. Until that happens, I am staying away.

I know a crew member(corporate captain) who moved to Dubai to continue his career until he retired. At the moment he is dipping into his savings to make ends meet. His salary does not cover his overheads and I can assure you that he does not lead any extravagent lifestyle. He has a family of 4.
The rent is what is doing most of the damage.

Well I am sure there are more people, in Dubai, that fly in the corporate market and if they are honest they would agree on this.

Lets see?

AC

Last edited by approachchecks; 1st Aug 2007 at 08:00. Reason: spelling