PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship at Ardmore.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2007, 00:02
hard_yakka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have asked a lot of my fellow students and some of the instructors - none have ever seen or heard an aircraft using Kelly Field.From what I can make out it is hardly ever used so yes - aircraft practicing forced landings may well use that bit of airspace without thought.
Kelly Field IS in the AIP as you can see here , so it's circuit should be treated like any other published unattended field. There is a "Caution Heavy traffic from Ardmore and Mercer" note on the AIP page.

When the Vintage Aero Club last met there (earlier this year), we heard about half-a-dozen aircraft making approaches and then powering away (FLWOPs?). Not a peep on the airfield frequency.

Russell does currently operate his Luscombe out of there, but he spends a lot of time overseas. His shed is full of some really cool old aircraft in various states of restoration. It is his private field and traffic levels will never be huge, but it will increase as Russell disengages from his American business and concentrates on becoming an aircraft restorer.

A good lookout will become more vital as activity increases. I'll see you in the circuit (and I hope you see me).