PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Overseas Maintenance ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 11:07
No SAR No Details

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm confused. Cox said they discovered the stapling at SIAEC in October last year and they were told to stop. SIAEC came back and said that it didn't happen and they were disapointed that Qantas inferred they were to blame, they also said they didnt do any work in "that" area and the paperwork proves it.
Ben Sandilands now writes that a "QANTAS spokesman" tells him that they have proof that the stapling was done in a hangar in Australia.
Why then have Qantas not issued a maintenance memo or recall inspections to inspect the eel power feeders on ALL aircraft that were worked on in an AUSTRALIAN hangar? I certainly haven't seen one.
In more than 20 years in an Australian Heavy Maintenance hangar I have never seen or heard of stapling used to repair eel feeders or lockwire used as a replacement male pin on a feeder plug.
QANTAS have only asked us to look at the aircraft that have come from SIAEC for EEL feeder problems.
Another scenario I have heard is that SIAEC said they found the staples and assumed that that was an approved Qantas repair and thus refitted the eel feeders with staples after the floorboards were refitted.
If they were doing their job properly they would have investigated this as should have been obvious to a skilled avionics ame/lame that this was not normal.
But if you put the whole thing in perspective, 50 hrs of inspections carried out in one shift, more than 20 flight control cables defective but not snagged, no seat track defects found on the entire aircraft despite there being cracked and corroded seat tracks found by a suspicious Qantas LAME, Steel knifes used to remove sealant on the aircraft exterior causing damage to the aluminium attach flanges, these clowns are not capable of finding a defect if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.
A quality outfit for sure. Sh!thouse quality.