PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News Helos Collide in Arizona
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 04:30
platinumpure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think in summary, I would like to say that maybe this pilot/reporter can be done safely. Just not by me, and I do class myself as a reasonably competent pilot.

I know that personally, I could not be a reporter and effectively fly a helicopter in airspace with 2, 3 other aircraft in close proximity safely. I just could not do it. I wouldn't be confortable with it. I feel that in such an enviroment I need to dedicate my time and attention to flying alone in order to be operating safely.

However, this is just me. I'm sure that there are "super" pilots out there that are way better than me and have be doing this for years "safely".

My case is, that say I wasn't bright enough to know my limitations. I would be able to go do one of these jobs and put myself and other people at risk.

Something is wrong with that picture. That needs to change.
It really hurts me when I read about fellow pilots dying from practices that have been accepted for years but are not safe. We do not have to operate like that these days, wether it be cost, weight, ego, whatever. This is a job for most of us, remember that. We should never put our lives at risk for a job, never!

Last edited by platinumpure; 30th Jul 2007 at 18:33.