PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News Helos Collide in Arizona
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 01:01
somepitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have actually seen all 5 examples accomplished successfuly as single pilot operations. You just have to remember that flying the machine is priority one, everything else is subsequent to that. If you find yourself task saturated, it is time to step back, regroup and re-engage.
no offense to anyone, but i think this line of thinking is seriously flawed in today's day and age. i have heard of pilots successfully lifting 1500 lbs with a jetranger, and seen a video of someone successfully roll a 407, etc etc etc...its still not the right thing to do.

when an accident like this happens the pilot is not flying around thinking "i'm task saturated but the mission must go on". i'm sure every one of us has had times when we are flying where we become distracted and are all of a sudden shocked when something else happens and gives you a bit of a scare. usually no harm comes of it and you go home having learned a lesson. unfortunately these individuals didn't get the chance to learn from it this time.

we as pilots are proud and like to think we can handle the workload of a pilot/reporter, but the reality is, in my opinion, that the best thing that could come of this tragedy is for everyone to learn the lesson and do away with the pilot reporter in these congested areas.