PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 17:45
FlyingGasMain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great thread ! Some books keep you hooked, and this thread has kept me hooked for the last 30 minutes or so.

For some strange reason it's cheered me up. I think it's knowing that there are quite a few people out there in the same boat as me ! I've only been looking for work for about 8 months, but I've managed to wangle an ops job at a bizjet outfit and I did an FI rating recently. I'm hoping to do some part-time instructing to stay current, whilst the ops job (almost) pays the bills and debts. If the ops job leads nowhere then I'll look to do some full-time instructing. Think I'll need a book on creative accounting to make the sums add up though !

Not sure what to make of Mr. Corleone. You do seem to have a certain doggedness about you, which you can hopefully put to good use. I hope your bitterness and anger is just a phase you're going through. The industry can be very fickle and does make you want to scream and shout obscenities sometimes, but hey that's life I'm afraid. I think there are some other industries out there which are just as fickle to break into.

My advice would be scream and shout for a few hours or days, then get back on the trail. Whatever you do, try to lose the bitterness, or cover it up b****y well if you get an interview !

Thanks for all the advice and drama on this thread. It's been emotional.