PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 11:24
pilotmike

Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
Vito Corleone, you indignantly reply "Pilot Mike, you do not know me, you do not know who I am. How dare you say that I am not fit to fly for an airline."

Three reasons sprang to mind:

1 In your very own words, you hate " ...going down this road to nowhere ... this stinking industry... this rancid industry... this rediculous world of aviation ... The airline industry is a complete reflection of Brittish capitalist society... life ruined by his quest to fly for a living... to fly planes for a living it makes my blood boil... I couldn't give a toss if I never flew a plane again... never go near a plane again... "

2 You completely ignored Luke SkyToddler's excellent advice to "SHUT UP WITH THE WHINGING, GET POSITIVE AND GO INSTRUCTING", coupled to my advice that the least attractive applicant to any airline is a non-Type Rated newbie with zero experience who moans and whinges a lot.

3 You have vented your bitterness and dissed the industry publicly on this forum. This certainly isn't the number 1 quality most airline employers would put top of their list of requirements. As plenty of people here are telling you, your attitude is all wrong for becoming a pilot.

Stop kidding yourself that you are "working my way up this stinking industry". You are outside the industry, looking enviously in. And with your pitiful attitude, it will forever remain that way.

Attitude and experience count for a whole lot more than how much money you've spent. A zero time school leaver with the right attitude stands a better chance than you with your attitude at present, despite you having spent £40k on your ratings already.

You would do well to re-read the entire thread, picking up on any advice which was offered to you - all for free. Without a substantial change of attitude, I stand firmly by my prediction that your airline ambitions are dead in the water. Very soon, you might not just be eating those value beans - you could very well find yourself stacking them!

Last edited by pilotmike; 28th Jul 2007 at 15:23.