PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Hamilton
Thread: CTC Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 10:39
FL440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch a330 - Sorry, it wasnt a Dig at them, and i applaud their correctness, they are obviously trained in radio work terms very well, i just find it amusing when their one a discrete frequency...ie one that doesnt exist anywhere else and they still keep saying the "pprune traffic c172" at the end
Its a bit of fun, but as you say they do a good job and its not hard to understand what they are doing, however when their on a discrete frequency and they keep saying what they are doing, every 30 seconds its sometimes hard for someone to get a word in and let them know what they are doing Just a wee point!

Agreed also, CTC are not the only monkeys, its like the "lining up runway 21" ok what else are you going to line up on? a time? an altitude? I Know its "correct" but hey, sometimes cutting out the "bull" goes along way in a busy professional environment!

I'm glad to hear that you RT is, and always has been, perfect.... particularly all the way through your training.

However, I'd rather hear a RT transmission that is too long than not hear one at all. I lost count of the number of times flying round NZ that aircraft have appeared in circuit traffic/over the field/right in front of me without having the mind to make a radio call to let other traffic aware of their whereabouts.

Of course, you're not one of those pilots.
Never said My RT was perfect, my comments were not directed as an insult at them, more a brighter side of it, as opposed to your direct comment at me as to my 'perfectness' never said i was?? did i?? hmmmm no i didnt.

I can assure you, even though i dont care what you personally think of my standard etc that i have never arrived into a circuit at any airfield unanounced as you put it! That would be poor!

If your from CTC or past CTC dont take it as an insult, i was just pointing out a bit of a laugh, and as others have said there are many worse, because they go on forever and dont actually make any sense, at least the CTC guys make some sense!!