PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 19:37
White Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some airliner crashes are survivable; and it is toward survivable crashes that I address the following comments. In no way should they be construed as critical of the bravery of any female.
It only speaks to their physical limitations.

IMHO Airlines abandoned the issued of passenger safety following a survivable airliner crash when they changed the status of female flight attendants, informing them they were no longer on the aircraft for the “convenience” of the passengers but for their “safety”.

There have been reports that following an airliner crash, female flight attendants were found leading passengers to safety, but in most cases it is a passenger found helping female flight attendants among others, out of the wreckage.

If the airlines employed flight attendants for the safety of passengers following a survivable crash, I strongly suggest they would not be 120 lb females.

I am a normal heterosexual male, but in this instance I would happily forgo the nubile female in favour of a 200 lb fit male who would be quite capable of dragging my 185 lb stunned arse out of a crashed airliner, and then go back for more.

Regards,
White Bear.