PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 15:57
chuzwuza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the other side of the fence.

Firstly, may I congratulate you all on your steely resolve and more than holding your own in a hard fought battle. After the best part of twenty years with Mon Engineering its great to finally see the management facing some stiff resistance.
Secondly, I wish to make a plea for your assistance in our own battle! As you are all well aware, Enginneerings pay negotiations are not going particularly well (no surprise there).

So badly in fact that after the proposed offer of 4.2% accompanied by the loss of our paid lunch breaks (paid in order to ensure flexibility), I now find myself and most Line engineers facing a pay cut in the region of 700-1000 quid a year. Unfortunatly that equates to 700 pounds worth of effort that I will no longer be making.

When One 0'clock rolls round I will be on my unpaid lunch break reguardless of how many broken aircraft are scattered across the ramp.

For this reason I am requesting that you guys and girls please do not take our lack of co-operation personally and offer you support in any way you can. Many thanks.